Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Silverwing tears it up in Carson City

Hey, well, we really didn't tear up Carson City, but Mel and Sean tore it up on lead guitars and we rocked 'em till they dropped at the Whiskey Tavern.

What a great time!  We really connected with crowd and they bought 5 CD's from us. 

All the original songs went over really well.  One of our original songs, "Who You Are," is a song about a man trying to learn what this girl is all about, so he can get to know her.  It's like a first conversation where the man takes the time to ask the questions.  He wants to know "Who You Are and What You Do," to see if they might be a perfect match.  It's really about Mel and I and how I walked by him and all the other men at a gig and went home alone.  That intrigued him and he wanted to know more about me.  See playing hard to get does really pay off.

But enough about Mel and I, back to the Whiskey Tavern, one of the guys at the bar came up at the end of the night and said that "Who You Are" was a perfect description of him and his girlfriend.  I saw them dancing closely and whispering during the song.  It is very satisfying to know that something I helped write has touched someone.  I hope it inspires them to talk deeply and get to know each other's hearts.

The rest of the crowd was wild and rowdy.  Lots of applause, lots of dancing and at the end of the night several people said we were the best band that had played there.  I am pleased and very grateful.  It always feels so incredible when people appreciate your hard work. 

I know we all felt good about our performance.  Song selection was great, breaks were tight, leads were smoking, singing was spot on!  It was a great time.  We stopped at 1am-ish and tore down and drove an hour to home.  We got home right before the sun started coming up.  Yeah, I love being a musician. 

The next day, when we finally woke up, I was worthless.  Making breakfast at noon just wiped me out.   Would I trade it for a good nights sleep?  Nah, rock star wins!

Visit our website at www.silverwingband.com.  Our original CD "Moonshine" is available at our gigs, the website, CD baby and Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment