Thursday, July 18, 2013

GuitarChics is Alive and Well

My website, www.guitarchics.com, is finally active on the Internet.  It's has been a personal challenge for me, but it is working and I will be adding to it weekly for the rest of my days.

My hope with GuitarChics is to introduce people to the stories of women who have made a living in the music industry.  Whether they are headlining in a stadium, playing in a coffee shop or teaching young children how to play, I want to share their stories.  The stories that encourage and inspire young women to pursue their hopes and dreams.  I want guitarchics to be a Power of Positive Thinking with musicians as our role models.

It's dear to my heart because I play rhythm guitar in Silverwing, a rockin country band from Northern Nevada.  I have played to thousands in a convention center and to a few in an empty bar at closing time, but regardless, it's always showtime.  It's my "job" to do my best, to reach down and give you my heart even if it's time to turn off the neon lights and head home and I love my "job."

So stop by www.guitarchics.com and read up the bios that I have completed so far.  Check back each week to see what else I have added.  If you have an idea of a great female musician that should be added to the site, send me an email at maryband_girl@yahoo.com with "Guitarchics" in the title.  I'll do my best to get that person included.

Get Silverwing's first CD of original music at www.silverwingband.com.  It's fun and I'm very proud of it, since I wrote a lot of the lyrics, played guitar and my husband wrote the music and played a bunch of instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment