Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hot Guitar Riffs

Well, the title sounds good, but the reality is...maybe not so hot. But I have learned the minor pentatonic scale and I jammed to Oye Como Va on the CD which accompanies my new book, "Rock Guitar" by Hal Leonard.

I'm impressed that you can play any note in that pentatonic scale and be in tune. It's great. I also learned some power chords and that makes total sense. I've played enough blues and rock that I know where the next chord is, really pretty easy to figure out. So I am learning "I hate myself for loving you" by Joan Jett and of course it sounds much better with the power chords.

I may even try out a distortion pedal. I know that is the crunchy sound that I need for that song. I am loving this guitar playing and soon I am going to get up at open jam rock night and throw down a Joan Jett song. I think I will be first female to show up at this rock jam night. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment