Sunday, May 9, 2010

Learning to Play Lead Guitar Licks

Ladies,
I am a rhythm guitar player in both the Silverwing band and Brandywine. And my husband Mel Warstler is the lead player. I am so awestruck by Mel's lead playing that I have decided to set a goal to learn how to play a lead run. Mel can just tear it up, he can bring people to their feet with his rocking leads on Sweet Home Alabama and he can make people fall in love with the sweetness of Wonderful Tonight. It is just a blast to listen to him. So I am going to attempt (HA!) to learn a few lead lines. I went to Guitar Center and I bought a book/CD by Hal Leonard called "Rock Guitar."
So on top of a new job, housekeeping, my websites, exercising, recording our CD, practice with the band, blogging, etc, I am going to learn how to play lead!!! As I said earlier, HA!, but here I go. I will keep you posted as to my progress.
Make sure to visit www.Guitarchics.com to pick up your favorite CD by your favorite guitarchic. Do forget to read by three steps for overcoming stagefright. See you in the spotlight, Love, the Guitarchic

No comments:

Post a Comment